Saturday, April 3, 2010

Unexpected Play Day!

Today I unexpectedly got out of work at 11:30. I need the money, but there was nothing I could do about it, so I decided to enjoy the day. I went over to my parents' house for a while, came back here and had a shower, and decided, as it was a perfect, gorgeous day, to head out to the country and take pictures. I picked up Mr. W. and we headed out to Ashland City, Charlotte, and came home through Dickson, where we ravenously ate BBQ. I managed to get a good roll of film (I think) and found a really cool old house to take many pictures of. I'm hoping they come out as fabulously as I envisioned, but I don't know how often that actually happens.

Driving around all afternoon with the top down on the car has made me super tired. I could go to bed and pass out, and as you may or may not know about me, I am a little bit of an insomniac and almost never feel truly tired. It's always a fight to get me to go to bed, but like a two year old with terrible two tantrums, apparently the secret is to make me play all day in the sun.

I plan to go into work tomorrow, but I'm not sure if there will be anything to do. I envision getting home early. If so, I might go to the Flying Saucer in the afternoon and take some interior shots there - the windows are really gorgeous and I think with a Diana and a pop flash, it should come out rather interesting and pretty. I'm curious to experiment with the Diana and a flash and see what I get, especially indoors during the day.

I'll keep you posted. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet, but I still don't have my scans back. As soon as I do, I will post anything that's semi-decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment