Thursday, April 29, 2010

Booze, Milkshakes and Hand-Cut Fries!

This was my first experiment with the Diana in 2008. I got up ridiculously early one morning, back when I was with my ex-boyfriend from a couple of years ago. He was pissing me off as usual, and I was finding it very difficult to sleep, so I decided to get the hell out of the house and take the Diana with me, do some grocery shopping, and take some pictures on the way. These are of Charlotte Pike in West Nashville. I think I made it to Publix by seven that morning, so these were probably taken around 6:30 in the morning. I've always had a "thing" for taking pictures of signs, as you can probably tell. I still was not too cognicent of the very real possiblity of light leaks, as you can see, but lately, steps have been taken to eliminate this annoyance. However, the pictures do have a dreamy Nashville of the Past quality that I'm still striving for lately. There are these little peeps into life in Nashville in the early 20th century and I love seeking them out and resurrecting them somewhat.



Ah, Bobbie's Dairy Dip, how I miss living within walking distance of you. How I miss your hand-cut fries and pineapple-banana milkshakes (Claire sheds a little tear).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment