Sunday, April 11, 2010

Frist and Union Station - First Pics with the Zeiss




Here's my first attempt at using the Zeiss. Sorry I'm not really going in order. The camera was kind of sticky for this first roll, so I didn't get a lot of salvagable pictures - perhaps only four or five, but that's the nature of re-breaking in an old camera, and I wasn't too upset by the result. It was earlier in the day and sunnier than when I'm usually comfortable shooting, but the lens flare adds an interesting, if unintended touch. I went back and shot some more with the Diana, but I would really like to take pictures there again at the magic hour just before dusk and post the results so you can see the difference. The Zeiss is a really slow camera: max f-stop is f16 and max shutter speed is 1/250, so shooting in full sunlight doesn't allow much creative choice except "sunny 16 rule."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment