Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Underbelly of Nashville

 Weiss Liquors in East Nashville. You can't see them, but underneath the sign sits a collection of possibly homeless men who were drinking beverages encased in paper bags from the discount tobacco next door. I tried to include them in one of my shots, but they became suspicious of me and shuffled away behind the building.

The picture above was taken across the street from the Nation of Islam, which was blasting its sermon on Easter Sunday through a loudspeaker. The effect was surreal. This cleaners is on Buchanan Street, which is particularly dangerous part of Nashville. I know because I have an unhealthy addiction to the Metro Crime Maps, and there are always shootings and rapings and pillagings in this area. However, it contains a lot of good photo-fodder.


Ah Dickerson Road, a bastion of old signage and general decrepitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment