Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Healthy Geeky Addictions

I took the film I shot yesterday into Wolf for developing and most of it came out well. I may have a film-advancing issue with this camera though as three of the frames look as if they have been double-exposed and washed out. I'm not sure what happened, but something didn't work right. However, the camera has the ability to work correctly as the other frames came out perfectly. I talked to a guy as PSU here in Nashville today and he said to just work more film through it and see what happens because the camera has been sitting for a while and it could just be stiff and need some use to fix it. Fortunately, if it does have an issue, it looks like they might be able to recalibrate it for me. They are the only people in town who still deal in old cameras. Dury's used to, but they are almost completely digital and didn't have one single roll of 120 film. I think the guy told me when I bought some in 2008 that they were phasing it out. I guess it's just a sign of the times. Thank God for the Internets because I know I can find it there.

I knew there was one roll I took in Ireland that was completely ruined and I found out which one that was today. I think I dropped the Diana and the back came off, so everything was bleached out. There wasn't a single image on the roll. I'm glad to have found it because now I don't have to keep processing them and wondering if they are completely unsalvageable. 

My friend and I are going out on a photodate on Friday and I am so excited. I think we are just going to do it old-school and drive around and see what we find. I'm tempted to go out in the next couple of hours and take some pictures here in Old Hickory. There are definitely enough weird and quirky things to photograph in this neighbourhood. This photography thing is turning into a full-fledged addiction, but at least it's a healthier one than most. I'm just happy to feel creative again!

I am so excited for next week when I can pick up my CDs and post some of what I have been talking about here. I am hoping the prints look as good as the negatives do because sometimes negatives can be misleading. However, I think I have enough to post a few fairly decent pictures. There is one Diana image I am especially curious about. It is an accidental (happy) double exposure of Ballybunion Beach. There is a huge silhouette on the frame of the castle and inside that silhouette sits a landscape view of the castle and cliffs. It's totally accidental and I have absolutely no idea how it happened, but I am hoping the actual image is as promising as the negative. I promise, next week, if it is, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment