Tuesday, June 1, 2010

99 Red Balloons

Remember that song? Do you think 99 red balloons could lift my mood tonight? I'd certainly give them a shot. Perhaps a shot would help, no wait, that's a depressant. Prozac?

There's no air in my house, and it's ninety degrees outside at nine at night. There's no air in my car, and that's the least of its problems right now. I'm wondering if the failure of my general mood to lift for the past few days has anything to do with being boiled to death at home and frozen to bits at work? I could do with some consistency, folks.

I'm pretty down in the dumps. I went to a party on Sunday night, grilled for everyone there, tried to stay up and be social, but fell asleep at around eleven.

So, since writing the above, I talked to my friend Miss K. She was the 99 balloons I needed. We're both going through trying to find a way into our chosen career Hell, so it was good to talk to someone who understands how hard it is, and how hard it is to drag yourself into work every day to a job you don't care about. She is looking for a library job and I am looking for a teaching job, so we are not many worlds apart. She too has a Master's in her field, so she's kind of in the same boat as me.

It has occurred to me that I need to post some pictures, just to keep this whole thing a little bit interesting, so I will do that right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment